Recently Daniel was interviewed by Chris MacIntosh who is a professional investor and founder of the website www.CapitalistExploits.at
[Part ONE] You can access the 40 minute Audio Podcast here.
[Part TWO] You can access the 40 minute Audio Podcast here.
During this wide-ranging discussion, they touched upon many things including:
- Complex systems, how they really work and how this understanding helps us to understand the world better.
- What is happening in the world with regards to wholesale funding conditions and the interplay of Central Banks.
- Where collateral and assets come from and how they are formed.
- The underlying asset liability ‘mismatch’ that is defining the global economic system
- Why productivity multipliers are falling and why velocity is an important component of identifying tipping points in the system.
- plus much more…
- The true nature of Derivative & Banking risks within the Global System
- Current liquidity & capital flow trends
- The role of morality in underpinning living standards and analysing economic/investment prospects
- The portfolio management strategy for building wealth in the current climate
- plus much more
Glossary of Terms:
- LIBOR – “London Interbank Offered Rate”, is essentially the average interest rate at which the major banks in London borrow funds from each other over different timeframes. It is one of the most important interest rate benchmarks of world finance.
- LVR – “Loan to Value Ratio”, is a financial term that compares the value of a loan to the total value of the assets related to the loan. For example, an LVR of 70% for a mortgage loan means that the borrower took out a loan (the mortgage) that was worth 70% of the appraised value of the property (the ‘asset’) it financed.
- QE – ‘Quantitative Easing’, a form of monetary policy used by central banks around the world where they effectively print money to buy financial assets.
- M2 – is a particular economic measurement of ‘Money Supply’ that includes different forms of money such as deposits at banks and physical currency in circulation etc.
We hope you enjoy the recorded discussion.
The Directors of PCM
Copyright (c) 2016, Prerequisite Capital Management Pty Ltd
General Notice: The information in this document is general in nature and as such does not constitute direct or specific advice to anyone. Should you require more information, please contact a Prerequisite Advisor. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or product. While reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information contained herein is not untrue or misleading at the time of publication, Prerequisite Capital Management Pty Ltd makes no representation as to its accuracy or completeness. The views expressed are the views of Prerequisite Capital Management Pty Ltd through the period ending at the date of publication and are subject to change at any time based on market and other conditions. Prerequisite Capital Management Pty Ltd (ABN 27 141 060 933) is an Authorised Representative of AIW Dealer Services Pty Ltd (ABN 59 153 322 420), AFSL 414256.